This is the first beta but working release of gCncCam
This release can read DXF-Files and GERBER NC-Files
(Drill-Files) and convert them to
It is tested with QCad for creating DXF-Files. The
CNC-Code is tested on EMC2 CNC
gCncCam GNU CNC CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) Tool for converting DXF (CAD) Files to G-Code (RS-274) NC-Files. The CNC-Code runs on EMC2 CNC.
The gCncCam provides the following main functions:
- Reading of DXF-Files and GERBER NC-Files (Drill-Files)
- Creating of Tool Properties
- Creating of Milling Properties (Layer Properties) for different Layers of the DXF-Cad Drawing
- Saving of Tool Properties and Layer Properties to Template files
- Generating and saving of G-Code (RS-274) NC-Files for the Linux EMC2 cnc.
Take a look at the Screenshots to see the plugin in action.
The gCncCam is tested on Debian Etch and Ubuntu 6.06 (Used by EMC2 Live CD).
* This plugin should work on newer versions, but this has not been tested yet.
You can download the gCncCam directly from Sourceforge.
Project web site:
For Bug reports and Feature requests please use the the Sourceforge project page: